Financial Aid & Scholarships

General Scholarship Links

For more scholarship opportunities make sure to check the Google Counseling Classroom.

  • GoingMerry is a free scholarship finding service inspired by what the Common App® has done for college applications to make it easier for students to find and apply for scholarships. Academy of the Canyons has its own GoingMerry school page showing local, regional, and national scholarships. 
  • Santa Clarita Valley Scholarship Foundation has been recognizing and rewarding the achievements of graduating seniors of the William S Hart Union High School District since 1951.
  • Scholarship Finder--free search tool through the U.S. Department of Labor.
  • Scholarships.Com is a free scholarship database.
  • Tuition Funding Sources is a private website with a large scholarship database.
  • Western Undergraduate Exchange provides information about the requirements and procedures for getting your tuition REDUCED at specific schools in western states.

During Senior year, students will use the following platforms:

FAFSA logoThe Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form allows students to apply for grants, loans, and work-study funds. Most colleges use the FAFSA to determine need based and merit based aid. The FAFSA opens every October 1st.  As of 2022, California students are required to complete a FAFSA or CADAA.  If you are a current senior don't forget to apply. More detailed information available on the Google Counseling Classroom. 
Cal grant logoCal Grant is a financial aid program administrated by the California Student Aid Commission providing aid to California undergraduates, vocational training students, and those in teacher certification programs. Students applying to at least 1 California school should put a California school in the FIRST spot on the college list in order to be considered for a CalGrant. If you don't put a CA school first, you won't be considered for a CalGrant. After your FAFSA has been filed, you can be considered for a California Grant (Cal Grant). All Wm. S. Hart District seniors are submitted for a Cal Grant electronically, so you do not need to apply individually or fill out any paperwork. Information regarding Cal Grants can be found at AFTER you have filed a FAFSA, you can go online and check the status of your Cal Grant application by logging on to and creating an account. 
css logoThe CSS Profile is an application administered by the College Board for some colleges and scholarship organizations. The schools that require the application are mostly private colleges. While many are private institutions, some are public schools. See the full list of schools using the CSS profile on the College Board's website.There is a fee for this service. 
The two lists below are OLD and some of the information is out of date and inaccurate; however, they do provide a thorough list of scholarships to research to get up to date information and links to websites.