AOC Legacy Project & ROOTS Fundraiser!
- AOC Legacy Project & ROOTS Fundraiser!
- Academy of the Canyons Middle College High School
Academy of the Canyons is one of the top-performing educational institutions in the state of California. In 2022 Niche named Academy of the Canyons #16 Best Public High Schools in California out of 1,898. Our middle college high school program has provided students access to a rigorous high school education complemented with college courses and opportunities for over 20 years. To continue providing an extraordinary educational experience to the students and families in our community, AOC must prepare for the future. AOC must update and modernize its facilities to meet the changing dynamics of the academic environment and to best support our students. Academy of the Canyons Roots, your 501(c)(3) student, staff and family’s charitable organization, is proud to support and assist AOC in this process of implementing the following programs:
1. Modernization of Classroom Furniture for Project-Based Learning. Flexible seating is vital to support a successful Project Based Learning community. Having desks and chairs that can be configured into a large table or a small group in seconds allows students to work with their teams, work in pairs, or work individually when needed. The flexible tables will encourage students' collaborative skills by allowing them to face each other and be close enough to hear each other as they share ideas. Access to the proper desks and chairs in a PBL classroom is an integral part of the learning process. During the 21-21 academic year AOC Roots was able to purchase new student-centered classroom furniture for 2 classrooms. It is now Roots’ goal to bring the remaining two classrooms up to speed.
2. Academic scholarships. AOC continually strives to recognize and support students for their hard work and achievements. A portion of our fundraising efforts will be earmarked for individual student scholarships.
Roots has established a fundraising goal of $20,000 to address the areas listed above. While donations of any amount are very much appreciated, donors in the tiers below will be listed on our “Wall of Support”.
Donation Amount Recognition Tier
$100.00 - $500.00 Bronze
$501.00 - $1000.00 Gold
$1001.00 – Above Platinum
The Fundraising Campaign will be begin on April 14 and concluding on April 29. All donations will be made to the “Academy of the Canyons Roots” and are 100% tax-deductible, subject to applicable federal and state laws. For questions regarding the program, please contact Roots V.P., Hala Sanoufi Jawich at [email protected]. As always, your support and generosity is greatly appreciated!
1. Zelle donations to:
2.Venmo to: Aocroots (first time users last 4 phone digits 3859)
3. A check made out to Academy of the Canyons Roots. (fundraiser 2023 in the IMG_9137.jpeg
Academy of the Canyons Roots 2022/23
Federal E.I.N. 84-2741147 1 Please consult your tax advisor for personalized advice prior to donating.